Cellular and Wi-Fi technology: Is it safe for you?
The radiation from cell phones, towers, WI-FI, cordless technology is all the same microwave energy just at different frequencies and levels. But the effects are the same. After the school board approved a cell tower at the local high school where my daughter attends, I rented a meter to see for myself if there was indeed radiation outside and/or inside the school. The results were shocking even to me. As much as 66,700% higher levels of radiation measured in classrooms facing the tower than what has been shown to cause biological effects on us.
And the measurements of the WI-FI/wireless devices in my house were not much better. It has caused me to make a plan to become WI-FI free in my house. It can be done even if you have laptops, tablets, and phones you want to use with the internet. It just takes a little inconvenience and a little money. But most all of us have unknowingly turned our homes into microwave ovens. The power level, though, is at a much lower level than your cooking microwave, so it’s just cooking you much slower, but is cooking you nevertheless.
Effects reported in studies after short- and long-term exposure:
- Concentration problems, memory lapses aches or pressure in head, throat and chest
- unsteady balance, dizziness
- altered heart rate,
- ringing in the ears
- excessive fatigue
- numbness or pain in affected areas
- sleep disturbances
- eye irritation
- red skin blotches and eczema
- preventing the body from healing, damaged DNA
- immune system imbalances
- metabolic disruption and lower resilience to disease
- neurotoxicity in humans and animals
- carcinogenicity in humans
- effects on offspring behavior
- and effects on brain and cranial bone development in the offspring of animals that are exposed to cell phone radiation during pregnancy
- sperm damage in humans and animals
- massive decrease in serotonin and melatonin
- formation of rare cancers
- and one of the most dangerous is the damage to the blood-brain barrier. Why is that dangerous? It allows the toxins and heavy metals that have become so prolific in our environment now, including mercury and aluminum from our deodorants, cookware, teeth filling, and vaccinations; pesticides and herbicides in our foods; and lead from cheap toys, jewelry, drinking water and old paint, to now enter our brain, whereas before the onslaught of these microwave radiation frequencies, the BBB would have kept most of them out. This leakage starts after as little as two hours of exposure. Can this be why there is such a rise in neurological conditions such as autism, Parkinson’s, MS, dementia and Alzheimer’s, and things like depression and anxiety in our youth?
What Can I do?
- First off is educate yourself. Second is to realize the government is not protecting you, and the corporations do not care about you or your health at all.
- If you have a cell phone, keep it in airplane mode when driving and when it’s on your body or in your purse when you are not using it unless you’re expecting a life-altering call. Every now and then turn it on and see if anyone called or texted. Never store your phone in your bra.
- Use a headset or speaker when making calls, not bluetooth, . If possible, get an airtube headset.
- Do not sleep with the phone next to your bed when it’s not in airplane mode. You can use the alarm and have it in airplane mode. Or have it across the room or in a nearby room if you need to keep it on. Or go back to an alarm clock.
- If you have WI-FI in your house, go on your computer and set the modem up so that it turns off at night or buy a modem with the ability to turn wi-fi on/off right on the modem.
- Do not have your modem/router in the same room as you sleep.
- Do not think that just because you have WI-FI it’s all the same. The more things you connect to WI-FI, the more devices sending and receiving a signal, so the overall levels will be higher.
- There are ways to connect your devices to the internet without WI-FI with adapters. Search the internet.
- If you live or work near a cell tower, consider changing homes or employment, or at least when moving or changing jobs, find out if there are any cell towers nearby.
Letter to the school
June 7, 2017
Dear West Ada Trustees, Superintendant Newbold, and Principal Terry Beck.
You approved a cell tower to be installed on the Eagle High School property in early 2017 even after I spoke twice to your board and sent you mountains of information showing there is enough evidence to show there are likely health effects from spending that much time in that close of a vicinity to a cellular tower/mast.
Even though the Verizon reps assured you and tried to assure me that there was no increased radiation from being that close to a cell tower, and the way the radiation beamed or something it couldn’t get into the school, unlike you, I didn’t take them at their word, considering the mountain of evidence I sent you and their obvious bias. Remember cigarettes and the industry-funded studies that showed no ill effects? So I rented a meter that measures RF radiation. And what I found was disturbing and made me very angry at your decision. So I will now give you a little lesson and the measurements I took. And just so you know the meter is pretty much idiot-proof. You turn it on and hold it up. That’s it.
So a little bit about the radiation being emitted from cell phones, WI-FI, cell towers, as well as any device which uses those things. This is a microwave radiation, the same as what your microwave uses to cook food. I don’t think that it’s too much of a leap to say that the higher the levels the more damage and faster the damage will be done. Just as I said that it’s the same as energy as your microwave oven, if you cook on your microwave at high, it cooks very fast. If you lower the power level or put it on defrost, it will cook the food much more slowly. Have you seen the videos on YouTube where people set up several cell phones and they cook an egg?
Devices such as cell phones, cordless phones, baby monitors, laptops, tablets, game consoles, etc are considered two-way microwave devices. They both send and receive a signal. So when they are in the act of sending or receiving a signal, the amount of radiation they output is much higher than when they are sitting idle. The difference between all of those devices and cell tower masts is that they can be turned off. They can be kept at a distance from the body to minimize the risk. And people have a choice as to whether to use them or not. With cell masts, there is no ability to turn them off. It’s 24/7/365. So if you work at that school for many years, those people are exposed to the radiation that I measured.
There is a report done by a group of researchers published in 2012. It was an update to a 2007 report. So there may be an update this year, but I do not know. In this report they looked at over 1,800 studies regarding cell phone/tower radiation exposures. Their conclusions were that levels as low as 30 µW/m² cause biological effects to humans and animals. People can develop electro-hypersensitivity so that they can actually feel the energy/frequencies being put off by these devices and experience symptoms such as concentration problems, memory lapses, aches or pressure in head, throat and chest, unsteady balance, dizziness, altered heart rate, ringing in the ears, excessive fatigue, numbness or pain in affected areas, sleep disturbances, eye irritation, red skin blotches, and eczema. Because each device has a slightly different signature, one woman said that should could actually walk into a room and tell you what kind of device was on, could tell if a microwave was on in the floor above her at work.
I am going to give you some information from studies but will also include links and some attachments. Then you can get an idea from this the information and decide if you want to look at the information further.
This first section is the conclusions from the Bioinitiative report of 2012 that I referenced above.
They report is in μW/cm2 but I converted it to µW/m² because that is what the meter I used measured. You basically move the decimal four places to the right to go from μW/cm2 to µW/m².
Overall, these 1800 or so new studies report abnormal gene transcription; genotoxicity and single-and double-strand DNA damage; stress proteins because of the fractal RF-antenna like nature of DNA; chromatin condensation and loss of DNA repair capacity in human stem cells; reduction in free-radical scavengers – particularly melatonin; neurotoxicity in humans and animals, carcinogenicity in humans; serious impacts on human and animal sperm morphology and function; effects on offspring behavior; and effects on brain and cranial bone development in the offspring of animals that are exposed to cell phone radiation during pregnancy.
Bioeffects are clearly established and occur at very low levels of exposure to electromagnetic fields and radiofrequency radiation. Bioeffects can occur in the first few minutes at levels associated with cell and cordless phone use. Bioeffects can also occur from just minutes of exposure to mobile phone masts (cell towers), WI-FI, and wireless utility ‘smart’ meters that produce whole-body exposure. Chronic base station level exposures can result in illness.
Many of these bioeffects can reasonably be presumed to result in adverse health effects if the exposures are prolonged or chronic. This is because they interfere with normal body processes (disrupt homeostasis), prevent the body from healing damaged DNA, produce immune system imbalances, metabolic disruption and lower resilience to disease across multiple pathways. Essential body processes can eventually be disabled by incessant external stresses (from system-wide electrophysiological interference) and lead to pervasive impairment of metabolic and reproductive functions.
At least five new cell tower studies are reporting bioeffects in the range of 0.003 to 0.05 μW/cm2 (30 to 500 µW/m²) . Researchers report headaches, concentration difficulties and behavioral problems in children and adolescents; and sleep disturbances, headaches and concentration problems in adults.
- Human sperm are damaged by cell phone radiation at very low intensities in the (0.00034 – 0.07 uW/cm2) (3.4 to 700 µW/m²)range. There is a veritable flood of new studies reporting sperm damage in humans and animals, leading to substantial concerns for fertility, reproduction and health of the offspring (unrepaired de novo mutations in sperm). Exposure levels are similar to those resulting from wearing a cell phone on the belt, or in the pants pocket, or using a wireless laptop computer on the lap. Sperm lack the ability to repair DNA damage.
- Effects on the developing fetus from in-utero exposure to cell phone radiation have been observed in both human and animal studies since 2006. Divan et al (2008) found that children born of mothers who used cell phones during pregnancy develop more behavioral problems by the time they have reached school age than children whose mothers did not use cell phones during pregnancy. Children whose mothers used cell phones during pregnancy had 25% more emotional problems, 35% more hyperactivity, 49% more conduct problems and 34% more peer problems. Exposure to whole-body RFR from base stations and WI-FI, use of wireless laptops, use of incubators for newborns with excessively high ELF-EMF levels resulting in altered heart rate variability and reduced melatonin levels in newborns, and greater susceptibility to leukemia and asthma in the child where there have been maternal exposures to ELF-EMF.
- School districts that are now considering all-wireless learning environments should be strongly cautioned that wired environments are likely to provide better learning and teaching environments, and prevent possible adverse health consequences for both students and faculty in the long-term.
- There is sufficient scientific evidence to warrant the selection of wired internet, wired classrooms and wired learning devices, rather than making an expensive and potentially health-harming commitment to wireless devices that may have to be substituted out later, and
- Wired classrooms should reasonably be provided to all students who opt-out of wireless environments.
- The BBB is a protective barrier that prevents the flow of toxins into sensitive brain tissue. Increased permeability of the BBB caused by cell phone RFR may result in neuronal damage. Many research studies show that very low intensity exposures to RFR can affect the blood-brain barrier (BBB) (mostly animal studies). Summing up the research, it is more probable than unlikely that non-thermal EMF from cell phones and base stations do have effects upon biology. A single 2-hr exposure to cell phone radiation can result in increased leakage of the BBB, and 50 days after exposure, neuronal damage can be seen, and at the later time point also albumin leakage is demonstrated. The levels of RFR needed to affect the BBB have been shown to be as low as 0.001 W/kg, or less than holding a mobile phone at arm’s length.
- Birks and her colleagues analyzed data of more than 80,000 mother-child pairs in Denmark, Spain, Norway, Netherlands and Korea. During the research they found consistent evidence, of increasing risk of behavioral problems particularly, hyperactivity in 5-to7-year-old children, the more their mothers talked on cell phones during pregnancy.
Federal scientists released partial findings Friday from a $25-million animal study that tested the possibility of links between cancer and chronic exposure to the type of radiation emitted from cell phones and wireless devices. The findings, which chronicle an unprecedented number of rodents subjected to a lifetime of electromagnetic radiation starting in utero, present some of the strongest evidence to date that such exposure is associated with the formation of rare cancers in at least two cell types in the brains and hearts of rats.
The researchers found that as the thousands of rats in the new study were exposed to greater intensities of RF radiation, more of them developed rare forms of brain and heart cancer that could not be easily explained away, exhibiting a direct dose–response relationship. Overall, the incidence of these rare tumors was still relatively low, which would be expected with rare tumors in general, but the incidence grew with greater levels of exposure to the radiation. In contrast, none of the control rats—those not exposed to the radiation—developed such tumors. Some of the rats had glioma—a tumor of the glial cells in the brain—or schwannoma
of the heart. Furthering concern about the findings: In prior epidemiological studies of humans and cell phone exposure, both types of tumors have also cropped up as associations.
- In this study:http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/scalar_tech/esp_scalartech23.htm
- A survey study using a questionnaire was conducted on 530 people (270 men, 260 women) living or not in the vicinity of cellular phone base stations, on 18 Non Specific Health Symptoms.
- Comparisons of complaint frequencies (CHISQUARE test with Yates correction) in relation to the distance from base stations and sex show significant (p <0.05) increase as compared to people living > 300 m or not exposed to base stations, up through 300 m for tiredness, 200 m for headache, sleep disruption, discomfort, etc., 100 m for irritability, depression, loss of memory, dizziness, libido decrease, etc. Women significantly more often than men (p < 0.05) complained of headache, nausea, loss of appetite, sleep disruption, depression, discomfort and visual disruptions.
- This first study on symptoms experienced by people living in the vicinity of base stations shows that, in view of radio protection, the minimal distance of people from cellular phone base stations should not be <300 m.
This is a very important study which shows the adverse health effects caused soon after a cell phone transmitter commenced operation. It is easy to understand the long term serious effects that may occur because of microwave radiation exposure.
The initial blood samples were taken in November 2006 before the transmitter commenced operation (Dec. 2006). The second set of blood samples were taken in May 2007, 5 months after the transmitter commenced normal operation. All 28 participating residents had already removed DECT-Telephones and WLAN from their homes weeks before the first blood sampling took place and also reduced their mobile phone use to a few conversations outside home.
It is established that both, the “mood hormone” serotonin and also the “sleep-“ and “immune defence hormone” melatonin is formed in the pineal gland of the brain, whereby serotonin represents a precursor of melatonin.
In healthy conditions a maximum of the sleep hormone melatonin is formed from serotonin during the night, whilst, during the daytime, the ‘mood hormone’ serotonin is shown to be clearly increased, at the expense of the then severely reduced amount of the ‘sleep hormone’, melatonin. In addition, undisturbed melatonin excretion synchronises various biological and hormonal rhythms in the human body and ensures deep revitalising sleep.
At the same time, melatonin represents one of the most important immune enhancing substances of our body and, as a free radical scavenger, it protects all body- and brain cells against genetic damage considered as a precursor to cancer.
Serotonin acts especially as a messenger for the nervous system and in the brain as a mood hormone. A reduction of the serotonin level is therefore associated with depression, lethargy and listlessness, inner agitation and many psychiatric disturbances.
Especially alarming is the fact, that 84 % of participants, almost the whole group, reacted with a massive decrease in the serotonin level (average 46%) following increased exposure from the operation of the newly erected telecommunications mast.
The clear increase in depressive mood disturbances, lethargy and listlessness, appetite disturbances, inner agitation and reduced quality of life experienced by nearly all nearby residents must be acknowledged by orthodox medicine
Alarming is also the fairly steep nightly melatonin decrease in the presence of increasing telecommunication signal exposure, which is nearly half of the normal level for more than half of the group (56%). Even the slow increased tendency of nearly one third (28%)represents ultimately, despite a slight increase, only an upturn within a mainly deeply lowered pathological region.
We therefore have to expect considerable sleep disturbance and immune deficiencies in 84% (28 plus 56%). Since, from the medical viewpoint, sleep disturbance is increasingly seen as a cancer promoting risk factor, these numbers must be considered as alarming
1.relative melatonin deficiency at night with shortened phases of deep sleep. This is indicated by restless sleep with frequency awakening and
2.increased melatonin level at the time of arising from bed. It is symptomatic of this, that one has difficulty getting out of bed in the morning and feels “absolutely whacked”. During the day, consecutive symptoms appear, such as tiredness, irritability, loss of concentration etc. Actually, 16 participants complained about sleep disturbances, 6 complained that they were regularly awakened between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m. and that they then had difficulty getting off to sleep again.
- The study established a direct link between cancer deaths in Belo Horizonte, Brazil’s third largest city, with the cell phone network. Over 80 percent of those who succumbed to certain types of cancer resided approximately a third of a mile away from one of the hundreds of cell phone antennae that populate the city. These cancers, primarily found in the prostate, breasts, lungs, kidneys, liver, are the ones associated with exposure to electromagnetic fields (EMFs).
This page shows:
- It is a known fact that lead, air pollution, and other toxic chemicals can damage our health and, more specifically, these toxins can damage brain development. In addition, wireless and EMF radiation can synergistically increase the effect of these daily toxic exposures because of the ways in which wireless radiation alters the body’s natural functioning.
Wireless radiation has been shown to damage sleep and the blood-brain barrier, which in turn can lead to higher toxic load on the body. Furthermore, well done replicated research studies have found that a known carcinogen exposure in combination with wireless and EMF exposure leads to a significantly increased risk of cancer development.
The brain’s protective barrier—called the blood-brain barrier—is composed of tightly knit endothelial cells, which line the walls of the blood vessels in the brain, creating a barrier that blocks the entry of chemicals and toxins. However, replicated research shows that wireless radiation increases the permeability of the blood-brain barrier, allowing more movement of toxic chemicals into vulnerable organs. In other words, the toxic chemicals circulating in our blood from everyday exposures have an easier time reaching our brain. Imagine our brain has a strong fence around it. Wireless pokes holes in the fence.
published in Public Library of Science (PLOS One), found that children exposed to lead who made more voice calls on their cell phone were at significantly greater risk of developing ADHD symptoms. Moreover, a significant dose-response relationship was observed between the number and duration of voice calls made on cell phones and ADHD risk among children exposed to lead in their environment.
Electromagnetic fields (EMF) are used as a medical treatment to deliver drugs into the brain due to their ability to open up the blood-brain barrier. In fact, non-ionizing radiation is being used in state of the art research to treat brain cancer (See news articles at bottom of this page).
Think about it. If non-ionizing radiation can move a drug more easily past the blood-brain barrier, it also make sense that it can move other chemicals—unwanted chemicals—into the brain. EMF can heal and harm.
Research shows that wireless and other electromagnetic radiation exposures can act as a co-promoter, meaning that the effect of the known carcinogen is intensified when wireless is added into the mix. It is like mixing drugs. In other words, one plus one can be greater than two.
In 2013 the WHO International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) specifically notes, “Four of six co-carcinogenesis studies showed increased cancer incidence after exposure to RF-EMF in combination with a known carcinogen…”
From the Naila report: www.emrpolicy.org/science/research/docs/eger_naila_2004.pdf
- The basis of the data used for the survey were PC files of the case histories of patients between the years 1994 and 2004. While adhering to data protection, the personal data of almost 1,000 patients were evaluated for this study, which was completed without any external financial support. It is intended to continue the project in the form of a register.
The result of the study shows that the proportion of newly developing cancer cases was significantly higher among those patients who had lived during the past ten years at a distance of up to 400 metres from the cellular transmitter site, which has been in operation since 1993, compared to those patients living further away, and that the patients fell ill on average 8 years earlier.
In the years 1999-2004, ie after five years’ operation of the transmitting installation, the relative risk of getting cancer had trebled for the residents of the area in the proximity of the installation compared to the inhabitants of Naila outside the area.
As a summary, cell towers’ RF radiation has serious biological effects on humans. You are exposing our children, the staff, and any children staff may carry while pregnant and working there unnecessarily to this radiation without giving them any choice and subjecting them to the dangers that are clearly spelled out in this information. And the readings that I got at the school were as much as 66,667% higher than has caused biological changes to people and consistently 6,000%-40,000% higher than the numbers reported as causing damage. As low as 30 µW/m² can cause things memory issues, behavioral and sleep issues which correlates to a drop in serotonin and melatonin which was shown in one study that looked at levels before and after a tower was installed. It can cause issues to fetuses and cause cancer. And when combined with other toxins, because it causes the blood-brain barrier to become permeable allowing them access to the brain, the effects of those toxins are greatly magnified. And study after study shows that the closer you are to the tower, the higher incidence of these issues, which is borne out by the readings I took at the school showing the high levels or RF radiation. I would encourage you to have an independent tester not in any way affiliated with Verizon or yourselves to test if you want to verify my readings.
So I am demanding that something be done with this cell phone tower as well as the others that are on West Ada schools for the students and staff. At the very least, there are paints that can be applied which block the radiation as well. You could try that first together with either removing the windows and making it all one piece or try painting the windows as well with the paint to see if that is effective. You should be able to cover the cost with one month’s lease. But retesting would need to be done, and if that doesn’t help, then the tower must go. And that doesn’t address the exposure you are subjecting the student athletes including the spectators to the sporting events as well as workers and/or students working and doing activities outside on that end of the school.
I look forward to hearing back from you,
Testing results from the EHS school property:
I had my cell phone in airplane mode so that the meter was not affected by my phone radiation. I tested in many places around the school. I am attaching a map of the school so that you can see the readings that I got in which location. The classrooms which are in the East wing and have an outside wall facing the cell tower and have a window have the highest readings inside along with the portable classrooms. And then outside all around, the levels vary depending on where I was in proximity to the cell tower and the school building. When I was at the very front of the school up against the building so it was completely between me and the tower, the readings were low. Also this doesn’t take into account any radiation that was from WI-FI, which could account for the readings in many places except for the outside, portables, and the East classrooms, and maybe not the gym.
- In the classrooms on the second floor of the East wing with windows facing the cell tower had levels from 2,000 µW/m² pulsing up to 21,000 µW/m².
- On the first floor, the exit doors near the trophy case was up to 57,000 µW/m².
- In classroom E209, the numbers were from 3,000 µW/m² to 21,000 µW/m².
- The portables were from 2,000 µW/m² to 13,600 µW/m².
- Walking around in the halls in the East section, it was consistently over 30 µW/m² up to 121 µW/m².
- Outside by the tennis courts, it was from 2,000 µW/m² to 8,400 µW/m².
- The numbers probably about 30 feet from the cell tower were from 6,000 µW/m² to 18,900 µW/m².
- The parking lot on the side near the tower was from 500 µW/m² to 2,500 µW/m².
- The numbers in the driveway of a residence across the street from the school were from 3,000 µW/m² to 17,800 µW/m².
In those classrooms in questions, some have students sitting right up against the window, so they are subjected to up to 21,000 µW/m² for extended periods.
WI-FI house measurements
- For reference, there are biological changes as described above as low as 30 µW/m² and these energies are pulsing, so they go up and down every few seconds.
- In room with modem: 10 feet away: up to 8,000 µW/m².
- Laptop connected to WI-FI, not being used: 10-70 µW/m² peaking at 159
- Laptop connected to WI-FI, being used watching YouTube: every few seconds pulsing from 1,000-3,500 µW/m²
- Laptop connected to WI-Fi, using Skype: 750-1,450 µW/m² at the computer and 250-550 µW/m², 1 foot away from computer.
- iPhone 6 on Skype: 1,150- 4,500 µW/m² and 50-120 up near face when holding the phone so your face is seen.
- iPhone 6 call 4,000-43,000 µW/m² at the phone; 85-1,297 µW/m² 8 inches away.
- iPhone 6 on YouTube: 85-10,387 µW/m² at phone; 45-4,800 µW/m² 8 inches away.
- Facebook Live on iPhone 6, 60,000-83,000 µW/m² at phone; 7,000-10,000 µW/m² back where face is when holding phone for video call.
- in the living room with no devices or modems in the same room: 40-670 µW/m².
- In room with modem: 10 feet away: up to 8,000 µW/m².